Annual Information Statement is a record of all financial transactions done by you during the financial year.
Details that can be seen on your AIS
- Salary paid to you
- Dividend received
- Interest from the savings account, recurring deposits, FDs, debentures, etc
- Interest from Income tax refund
- Sale and purchase of equity shares, bonds, mutual funds, etc.
- The statement also contains information related to Tax Deducted at Source, Tax Collected at Source, and any tax demand or refund.
Important Features of AIS
- Ability to give feedback if any errors are found in the statement by online or offline methods.
- Check if the transactions from your broker match your records.
- Get information regarding refunds and demands of income tax
How do you Access your Annual Information Statement?
The AIS can be accessed from the Income-tax e-filing portal and following the steps below
- Login in to the e-filing website with your credentials
- Navigate to the services tab and click the Annual Information Statement (AIS).
- Click Proceed on the pop-up that appears, you will be directed to another website.
- On the webpage that opens up, you have options to see the TaxPayer information Summary that shows a summary of all the transactions that you have carried out under various heads as mentioned above.
- The AIS tab gives you details of all individual financial transactions.
- You could see that all financial transactions done by you are reported on through the AIS, so there are no chances of you evading taxes.
If all these details end up confusing you, leave all your worries behind by opting for assisted tax filing service with Tax2win. As a leading taxation service provider, we take away all your worries related to ITR login and filing. Hire our experts and rest assured!