How to Track your PAN Card Application Status?
(Last Updated On: December 13, 2018)
Applied for a New or a Duplicate PAN Card? But, it has been a long time since you heard from the department about it? Worried? Relax, you can easily track your PAN Card application status online through various modes. In this post, Tax2win will make you learn the procedure to check the status of PAN Card application. So, let’s begin.
But before learning about how to track the status of PAN Card, let’s have an overview of how to apply for it.
How to Apply For a New/Duplicate PAN Card?
- Open the link https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
- Click on the tab “Apply Online”.Here, you need to first select the application type and category. Then fill in the various fields of the initial registration form. As a result, a token number would be generated.
- With the help of this token number, you can fill the full form afterward also or you can continue at that time only.
- If you choose to fill the form afterward and open the link after some time then you can directly click on the tab – “ Registered User”. Here, you need to give your e-mail id, DOB along with the token number.
- The full form appears on the screen. Now Fill your PAN Card application form online.
- Attach the required documents and Click on Submit.
- Verify your details once again in preview and click on Proceed to the Payment Button.
- Now, lastly, download and print your pre-filled application form generated after the payment.
Why it is important to check your PAN Card Application Status?
What is the process to Track your PAN Card Application Status?
- Though Call Service: You can track your PAN application status by just a call at TIN call center on the number – 020-27218080. You simply have to provide your 15 digit acknowledgment number of PAN application.
- Through SMS Service: You can know the status of your PAN application by SMS also. Send your 15 digit acknowledgment number of PAN application to ‘57575’. You will receive back a status SMS.
- Through Online: The current status of your PAN application can be easily tracked online through the various service providers as below:
C. By E-Mudhra
Do remember to check the status only through the website of that service provider from which you have applied for PAN. Those who have applied physically at TIN – FC Center can check the status through the NSDL website.
Now, let’s get the brief of the procedure to check the PAN status through the above-mentioned modes:
1. Check PAN Card Status by NSDL :
- Visit this link of NSDL portal – https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html
- Select the field ‘Application Type’ as ‘PAN – New / Change Request.’
- Enter your ‘Acknowledgement Number’ in the box provided.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and you are done with it.
2. Check PAN Card Status by UTIITSL:
- Visit the link – https://www.trackpan.utiitsl.com/PANONLINE/#forward on the UTIITSL portal.
- You can enter your ‘Application Coupon Number’ or your ‘PAN Number’ (if you have applied for change/correction in PAN card).
- Enter the Captcha Code
- Click ‘Submit’ and the status will be shown.
3. Check PAN Card Status by e-Mudhra:
- Visit the link – https://www.e-mudhra.com/portal/subscriber/Pages/ApplicationStatus.aspx on the e-Mudra website.
- Now you need to enter the ‘Application number’ (generated while applying for PAN) and your ‘Date of Birth’.
- Enter the captcha code shown in the box.
- Click ‘Submit’ and you are good to go !!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) On PAN Card Status
1. What is PAN Card?
PAN stands for Permanent Account Number. It is a code that is issued by the department of income tax. It is a unique 10 digit alphanumeric allocated to every individual for performing various financial transactions. This card remains valid for the entire lifespan of the cardholder.
2. What is the importance of PAN Card?
3. What are the various advantages of PAN Card?
Benefits of having a PAN card is to:
- File income tax return and thereby help in claiming the tax refund.
- Opening a bank account without PAN is mission impossible which even Tom Cruise can’t complete.
- Buy or sell, movable and immovable assets, it is mandatory to have a PAN.
- Trade in securities other than shares, bonds, debentures and other marketable securities it is mandatory to have a PAN Card.
- Make the cash deposit, cheque, bank draft and pay order exceeding ₹50,000, PAN Card is mandatory.
- Buy foreign currency exceeding ₹50,000, PAN Card is mandatory.
4. What documents do I need to check my PAN Card status?
- NSDL: Acknowledgement number is required.
- UTITSL: Application Coupon number is required.
- e-Mudra Portal: Application number is required.
5. After how many days I can track my PAN card status?
In common parlance, PAN application status is updated by the authority after 5 days of application submission. Although, the number of days may vary as well.
6. Is it possible to check PAN Card status without an acknowledgement number?
If you’ve misplaced the acknowledgement number then you can check PAN status using Name and Date of Birth through NSDL website.
7. Is it possible to open a savings bank account using PAN status printout?
Yes, banks accept the printout of PAN status and acknowledgement slip to open the savings account in their brand.
8. Is it possible to track the postal status of PAN Card?
Use the tracking number provided to track the postal status. The tracking number can be found on the same screen as of checking PAN Card status.
9. Is it possible to check PAN card application status via telephone?
Simply call on 020-27218080 and the key-in your 15 digit acknowledgment number to check PAN status via telephone.
10. What’s the meaning of Pan Card status ‘Application is inward’?
It means that your application for PAN has been received and it is currently in process.
11. “Your application is under process at Income Tax Department”, what does this message mean?
While checking the PAN Card status, if this message is visible on your screen then it is not necessary that your application has been rejected. Due to a large number of applicants, the officials need time to scrutinize each and every application, which takes time. Sometimes due to heavy website traffic the status update maybe taking more time to complete.
12. PAN Card status shows ‘No matching record found’. What does it mean?
This message means there are high chances that the PAN issuing authority has not received your application. In such a case, you should immediately call or email to the respective authority.
13. PAN Card status shows that‘application is being withheld from processing due to incomplete details/ documentary proof’. What is it’s meaning and what are the steps should be taken?
The above situation arises when the issuing authority either feels submitted information is incomplete or more information is needed. It is highly recommended for you to get in touch with the authority as soon as possible. Failure to take an action will mandate you to make a fresh application again.
14. PAN status shows ‘pan card is under printing’. In how many days I’ll get my card?
In common practice, a person receives his/her PAN Card within 21 days of applying. But there are chances that the number of days may vary.
15. Why is government invalidating more than one PAN card per user? And how to check the status?
The reason is very simple, having more than one PAN Card per individual is illegal. If you want to check status, visit the Income Tax eFiling portal and select option ‘Know Your PAN’.
16. How to check UTI PAN application status?
It is very easy to PAN status via UTI. Simply visit UTI PAN card page and there enter your application coupon number along with the Captcha code. After this click on the ‘Submit’ button and your status will be shown.
For more details, read our guide on PAN.
Happy Filing 🙂