How and Why to Register on TRACES (TDS) Website
(Last Updated On: January 31, 2019) If you do not have an account on TRACES website read this blog for step by step registration process and all related FAQs For registering on TRACES first you need to choose whether you are a
- Tax Payer or
Tax Deductor or Collector (Deductor)If you are deducting Tax at source or collecting any, you are required to register at TRACES website for availing a number of utilities. Get a detailed understanding below on how you can register and the need to register as a Deductor on TRACES website.
Why should a deductor register on TRACES?Registering on TRACES website will enable the tax deductor or collector of tax to
- Check TDS refund
- Registration as admin
- Creation of Sub-user
- To provide feedback
- Do online corrections
- Make offline corrections
- Generate Form 16 / 16A
- To view statement status
- Check the Challan Status
- To validate 197 Certificates
- To download the Conso File
- Generate Justification report
- Verification of PAN or bulk PANs
- To view PAN master status against a TAN
- Can manage profile and change password
- View credit amount of TDS or TCS against a PAN
- Making declaration regarding the non-filing of statements
How to Register on TRACES as a Deductor?If you are a deductor, click on the link https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/. After this, you will be redirected to the home page. Follow these steps to register successfully
- On this page select “Register as user -> ”Deductor”. Screen, as shown under, will open up.
- Enter the details and proceed Step by step from 1 to 4. Click on “proceed” after Step 4.
- A confirmation screen will appear. Click to confirm details.
- On successful confirmation, you will receive an activation mail with the link. Also, two different activation codes will be sent to the registered mail id and mobile number.
- Click on the activation link and enter your User ID + both Activation Codes
- Now you are registered on TRACES. For doing any activity on TRACES, you can now make login with the user id and password generated.
When can a deductor register on TRACES?The deductor after filing the first statement at TIN FC can register on TRACES. But, to register the status of the statement shall show “Under Process at CPC” on TIN Portal.
Can I register twice on TRACES?From one TAN only one time registration on TRACES is possible.
How many Admin accounts can I make on TRACES?On one login only one admin user account is possible to be created.
How many User accounts can I make on TRACES?From one TAN i.e. under one admin account maximum of four (4) user accounts can be created.
While making login I am again and again redirected to home page. Should I register again on TRACES?If you are again and again redirected to the home page at the time of making a login. You are not required to register again. Instead, you should follow these steps
- Clear the cache memory of your browser
- Check the version of your internet browser
- Change your internet browser. Which means if you are trying to make login through internet explorer try it from firefox or chrome or vice versa.
If my account is disabled. What shall I do?In case your account has been disabled with TRACES you should wait for 48 hours and then make a login again. If you have made five wrong login attempts the account is locked out and in this case, you need to wait for one (1) hour before you try again.
Why my account has been locked out or disabled?Your account on TRACES is locked out or disabled because
- Locked out
When the updated name is reflected on TRACES?If you have an updated name of TAN through the furnishing of Form 49B at TIN it is possible that the TRACES profile is still reflecting the old name. There are no consequences of the same and you need not to worry. The old name will have no impact on the consolidated file, form 16/ 16A, justification report etc.
What do “Invalid details” or “Your TAN is not available” mean?While registering or making login you can find Invalid details or your TAN is not valid message if
- You have not yet submitted any statement with this TAN
- All the statements which you have submitted till date are NIL statements.
Taxpayer or DeducteeTaxpayer or Deductee means the person whose tax has been deducted. On the basis of nature of income on which such tax has been deducted deductees can be categorized as
- Salaried taxpayer means an employee who submits the information of deductions and payments in Form 24Q to the government.
- Non-Salaried Resident: means a non-salaried person who is also a resident of India. Details of deductions and payments in this category are reported under Form 26Q.
- Non-Salaried Non-resident: means a non-salaried person who is also non-resident in India. Details in this category are furnished in Form 27Q.
How Taxpayer can register on TRACES?To register on TRACES as a taxpayer follow the steps explained below
- Click on https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/. On the home page select “Taxpayer” option and click on Register as New User on the left panel of the screen.
- Screen, as shown under, will open up. Fill in the requisite details
- Enter details in each step form 1 to 5 and finally click on Proceed.
- Confirm details on the confirmation screen
- Once successful registration is done you get an activation link on registered email id and two different activation codes are sent on mail id and mobile number.
- Click on the activation link and proceed to enter activation codes
- Now you can make login successfully with the user name and password created.
Who can register as a taxpayer?Following categories of person can register on TRACES
- PAN holder who’s TDS has been deducted
- PAN holder who has deposited any of the undermentioned tax
Why should a taxpayer register on TRACES?Registering on TRACES provides access to the following to the taxpayer
- Making registration
- To download form 16B
- Verification of TDS certificates
- To view or download Form 26AS
- Creating and managing user profile and passwords
- To view/ download aggregated TDS compliance report
How to download Form 16 / 16A from TRACES?The option to download Form 16 / 16A has been given to the Deductor and not to the taxpayer or Deductee. Hence, if you need Form 16 / 16A for TDS deducted by your current or previous employer or deductee you need to contact them for the same. There is no option available on TRACES you can download it yourself.
What will be my USER ID?The user id will always be your PAN.
What does Requested resource not found or blank login page means?This is a temporary error shown when you log in to TRACES. To resolve the same you are suggested to clear the cache memory and try again.
If I update my details on TRACES will the details in my PAN auto update?No, the updated details will only be relevant for TRACES. If you want to make changes in PAN submit a correction application in online or offline in Form 49A.
I do not have TAN of my Deductor. Can I still register on TRACES?Yes, you can still register as a taxpayer on TRACES by providing
- Assessment Year
- Challan Serial Number and
- Amount of tax you have paid
From where I can find TAN of Deductor?The details of deductor’s TAN can be found in either of the documents. Namely
Is it possible if I register my PAN twice on TRACES?Only one registration is possible to made form one PAN. Hence it is not possible for you to register twice on TRACES with the same PAN credentials.
Which month should be mentioned while registering the month of TDS deduction or deposit?Under Step 1 when you are asked to mention the month you are required to mention the month in which your TDS was deducted. The month in which TDS was deposited is irrelevant in this case. For Eg for the month of Jan 2019, your TDS was deducted on 19 Jan But was deposited to the government on 2 Feb. In this case, you should mention Jan and not Feb while furnishing details in Option 1 of Step 1 under registration.
What address should I mention while making registration on TRACES?Communication address of taxpayer as registered in PAN should be mentioned while making registration on TRACES.
Is it possible to edit my details on TRACES?There are two situations under which you may be required to edit your communication details i.e. mobile number or mail ID
- Before submitting the registration form
- After making successful registration but before activating the account