Step by Step Guide on Online Payment of Income Tax
(Last Updated On: June 24, 2019)
Step 1:Click on Link: https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp
Step 2:At the last under Non-TDS/ TCS option, select Challan no./ ITNS 280 – Payment of Income tax / Corporate tax
Step3:You will be redirected to the e-Payment portal. Simply, fill all your details in the Income Tax Challan. Please keep in mind:
- If you are an individual , select option (0021)INCOME-TAX (OTHER THAN COMPANIES) under tax applicable.
- Fill in your PAN No. and Assessment Year (A.Y.) correctly. A.Y. means the year next to financial year (F.Y.)
- Fill in your required contact details correctly like your address, phone number and email address.
- Then, under the head Type of Payment, you need to select the type of tax based on your tax liability situation.
Out of all six sub-option, only three are applicable on you.
Choosing the correct applicable option for online income tax payment:
|Type Of Payment||Applicability|
|(100)Advance Tax||If any tax was paid during the financial year then it will be called as advance tax. For example, for F.Y. 2017-18, if you are paying tax till 31st March, 2018, it will be called as advance tax, and code 100 needs to be selected.|
|(300)Self Assessment Tax||When you pay tax after the end of the F.Y. but before filing the return, then it will be called as Self Assessment Tax. For e.g, for FY 2017-18, if tax is paid after the 31st March, 2018, then it will be called as Self Assessment Tax and code 300 needs to be selected.|
|(400)Tax on Regular Assessment||When you get a demand notice from the Tax Department then this demand needs to be deposited under the head of code 400. This normally used after the order passed under scrutiny assessment or demand under the intimation received as per section 143(1).|
- Select the bank from down-drop menu, through which you wish to make online tax payment. Some options given are HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Canara Bank etc.
- Enter Captcha Code and click on “Proceed” button.
Step4:Then a confirmation window with a summary of your details will be shown. Recheck all your details very carefully & Click on “Submit To The Bank” button.
Step5:You’ll be redirected to the Net Banking Page.Here, you need to enter your tax payment details like Tax, Surcharge, Interest etc.
Step6 :Once the payment is cleared, Challan 280 will be generated. This challan acts as receipt of payment of the tax done by you. While filing your ITR, various Challan details like Amount, BSR Code, Challan Serial No. needs to be entered under prepaid taxes column.
We hope our step by step guide has helped you in filing income tax without any glitch. At Tax2Win, it is our constant effort to simplify return filing procedures. For any help, reach out to our eCAs. Happy Filing 🙂 For any Further queries Contact us!!!