Step by Step Guide on Online Payment of Income Tax
(Last Updated On: December 14, 2017)
Here’s is a step-by-step guide for online income tax payment using government’s website:
Click on Link: https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp
Under applicable challan, Click on Challan no./ ITNS 280 – Payment of Income tax / Corporate tax
: Fill in your details in the Income Tax Challan-
- If you are an individual , select (0021)INCOME-TAX (OTHER THAN COMPANIES) under tax applicable.
- Fill in your PAN No. and Assessment Year (A.Y.) correctly . A.Y. is the next year to financial year(F.Y.) –
- Fill in your contact details : address, phone number and email address
- Then, under the Type of Payment, you need to select the type based on your tax liability situation.
Out of all six sub-option, only three becomes applicable on you.
Choosing the correct applicable option for online income tax payment:
|Type Of Payment||Applicability|
|(100)Advance Tax||If pay taxes during the financial year then it will be called as advance tax. For example, F.Y. 2016-17, if you are paying tax till 31st March, 2017, it will be called as advance tax, and code 100 needs to be selected.|
|(300)Self Assessment Tax||When you pay tax after the end of the F.Y. and before filing the return, then it will be called as Self Assessment Tax. For eg, for FY 2016-17, if tax is paid after the 31st March, 2017, then it will be called as Self Assessment Tax and code 300 needs to be selected.|
|(400)Tax on Regular Assessment||When you get a demand notice from the Tax Department then this demand needs to be deposited under the head of code 400. This normally used after the order passed under scrutiny assessment or demand as per the intimation received as per section 143(1).|
- Select the bank from down-drop menu, through which you wish to make online tax payment. Here is the lists of banks through whom you can pay tax online-
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Jammu & Kashmir Bank
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce
- Punjab & Sindh Bank
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank
- Sate Bank of India
- State Bank of Patiala
- UCO Bank
- State Bank of Mysore
- Union Bank Of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Enter Captcha Code and click on “Proceed” button.
Step4:Then a confirmation window with a summary of your details comes. Recheck all your details & Click on “Submit To The Bank” button.
Step5:Then you would be redirected to Net Banking Page.Here, you need to enter your tax payment details like Tax, Surcharge, Interest etc.
: Once the payment is cleared, Challan 280 will be generated.This is a receipt of payment of taxes by the tax department.
For any Further queries Contact us!!!