How to check the status of your company registration application?
Registration process might take time depending on the type of company and documents submitted. During this time, people tend to worry a lot about the status of their application. As the registration certificate is a mandatory document to start their own business in India. Tracking the status of the registration application is quite a simple process. Just read this blog to know how to check the status of your application.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs:
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs is responsible for maintaining the records of all the companies which have ever been registered. It also maintains the records of all the companies whose registration applications are under investigation or pending for allotment. MCA keeps a record of all types of companies like Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, One-person Company, and Limited Liability Company. So, it doesn’t really matter what company status you have sought registration for since the process to know the status of your application remains the same.
By accessing the MCA portal, you can find all the information related to the company which neither harm’s the interest of the company nor are confidential in nature. The following information will be displayed if you access the MCA portal to check the status of your company registration process.
- Corporate Identification Number (CIN)
- The name of the company
- Type of company
- Date of registration/incorporation
- The class of company
- Members associated with the company
- Paid-up capital and authorised capital
- Email and mobile number registered during the incorporation process
- Charge on the company
- Details about the directors/owners of the company
- Status of the company
- Is the company is listed or not
- ROC code
- Charges on the company
- Signatory details
- Financial Statements
Charges on the company: with this, you will have all the information related to the creditor and lenders. It will also display if they have created any charges on the company.
Signatory details: with this search, you can access information about the owners and directors of the company. The information displayed will consist of DIN (Director Identification Number), name and address of the director/owner, appointment date of both along with designation. The information displayed will also contain details about the digital signature of the director/owners.
Apart from the list mentioned above, you can also access the balance sheets, annual returns and other documents. However, to access these documents, you need to pay a minimal charge and then only you will be able to access the documents.
A step-by-step guide to check the company registration status:
By following the process mentioned below, you can check the company registration status.
- To begin with, you need to visit the Ministry of Corporate Affairs portal by clicking on this link: http://www.mca.gov.in/MinistryV2/homepage.html. This is how the homepage of MCA looks like.
- Under the MCA services, you need to click on ‘View Company or LLP Master data’ which is mentioned under ‘Master data’ section.
- With this option, you will be able to see the Company/LLP Master data section. Herein, you will be asked to fill in certain fields like ‘Company/LLP name’, ‘Company CIN/FCRN/LLPIN/FLLPIN’, and captcha. You can check the picture mentioned for reference purposes.
- In case you don’t know the CIN (Corporate Identification Number) of the company, you can click on the ‘search’ option which is located against the ‘Company/LLP name’ field.
- Once you have filled in all the details, you need to click on ‘Submit’. With this, you will be able to access all the information related to the company which has been displayed on the portal.