New PAN Card Design with QR Code Launched
(Last Updated On: October 1, 2019)
Union Budget 2019 Highlight :-
- Now, PAN & Aadhar Number can be used interchangeabl
- What will happen when a person :
-Doesn’t have PAN: Aadhar can be used to file ITR & quote at all the places where PAN is Required.
-Have PAN: Aadhar & PAN needs to be linked first and then any of them can be quoted at the time of filing ITR.
In another move towards digital India, our government has come up with a new PAN card design, with the direct link to Aadhar Card to avoid the issue of duplicate PAN Cards.
This change has not just improved the look but increased the utility.
As per the circular issued by the NSDL(the authority responsible for issuing PAN cards), all the PAN Cards issued from January 1, 2017, shall be printed as per the design specifications approved by the Income Tax Department.
So, what’s new?
- Quick Response (QR) code to enable verification of the PAN Card-QR code will help in the verification process. It will help in providing all details of the cardholder in one go when the document is produced before any authority. As a result, no cardholder will be able to provide wrong information relating to PAN card to any authority.
- Keeping in view the Rajbhasha policy of the Government, our Language Hindi has been incorporated along with English for particulars such as name, father’s name and date of birth fields.
- The position of PAN No & Card holder signature has been changed.
Let us see how new PAN card looks like:
Another important question is “Do I need to apply for the new PAN Card?”
If you are first-time applicants then you will get new design PAN Cards. However, if you already have one then there is no compulsion for applying for the new design of PAN card.