Know How to link Aadhaar Card with BOB Account
(Last Updated On: July 6, 2019)
Union Budget 2019 Highlight :-
- Now, PAN & Aadhar Number can be used interchangeabl
- What will happen when a person :
-Doesn’t have PAN: Aadhar can be used to file ITR & quote at all the places where PAN is Required.
-Have PAN: Aadhar & PAN needs to be linked first and then any of them can be quoted at the time of filing ITR.
According to the mandate, all the citizens have to get their aadhaar linked to their bank accounts. Following the mandate, Bank of Baroda has come up with various online and offline modes, through which the Bank of Baroda users can get their aadhaar linked to their bank accounts. The number of modes available to the users are:
- Via an online account or Internet Banking
- Link via SMS
- By visiting the branch(Offline Mode)
- Through ATM
Linking via online account or Internet Banking:
A link has been provided to all the BOB users to successfully link their aadhaar to the bank accounts. Follow the steps in the order they are mentioned and you can finish the process from the comforts of your house.
- Enter ‘https://eserve.bankofbaroda.com/kycupdate/’ in the web address bar
- Log in by entering your mobile number and account number
- OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number after you have clicked on ‘generate OTP’ option
- Enter the OTP against its designated space and click on ‘submit’
- Bank will notify you of your request being accepted and the linking will be completed in a few days
Linking aadhaar via SMS:
Bank of Baroda account holders have the facility to link their aadhaar card to their bank accounts by dropping a simple SMS. For this facility, it is essential that the bank already has your mobile number registered with them.
- This can only be done by using a registered mobile number
- Users have to send an SMS to 8422009988
- The SMS should be in the following format:
UID <space> put in your aadhaar number <space> and the last 4 digits of the account number which needs to be linked
The process can take up to two working days and the users will be notified through a text message
By visiting the branch:
People who are not well versed with online linking and the online bank account usage can opt for this method. Follow the steps mentioned below to initiate the linking process.
- Visit the branch where your account is open and maintained
- Request for the ‘Aadhar linking form’ from the bank. The same form can be downloaded from this link: ‘https://www.bankofbaroda.com/writereaddata/Images/pdf/consent-for-aadhar-seeding-form.pdf’
- Fill in all the essential details like your 12 digit aadhaar number, full name and the bank details asked in the form
- Along with the form, submit a self-attested copy of aadhaar card and your Bank of Baroda’s account passbook
- After handing over the documents, the executive may ask to see your original aadhaar card for verification purposes
- Post the verification, the applicant will receive an acknowledgment receipt as a token of the approved request
- Within two working days, your aadhaar will be successfully linked to your bank account and a confirmation mail will be sent via text message on the registered mobile number
Linking through an ATM:
Unfortunately, Bank of Baroda doesn’t extend ‘Aadhaar linking through an ATM’ to its users. But there are other methods through which users can initiate the linking process.