How to change address in Aadhaar Card?
(Last Updated On: October 3, 2019)
Union Budget 2019 Highlight :-
- Now, PAN & Aadhar Number can be used interchangeabl
- What will happen when a person :
-Doesn’t have PAN: Aadhar can be used to file ITR & quote at all the places where PAN is Required.
-Have PAN: Aadhar & PAN needs to be linked first and then any of them can be quoted at the time of filing ITR.
After the successfully completion of the aadhar enrolment process, you will receive your aadhar card on the address given by you at the time of enrolment. If due to any reasons you have changed your address then you will be required to update your address in the aadhar details for future purpose. Aadhar card address change can be done by online and offline methods.
By visiting the UIDAI portal online, you can get the required changes done or you can visit the enrolment center for getting the address change done offline. So, we have mentioned in brief the whole process of how to change address in aadhar card by both methods.
How to Update Address Details online?
The process of aadhar card address change is described below-
- Visit the website Unique Identification Authority of India
- On having valid address proof click on “Update address” otherwise click on the “Request for address validation Letter”
- Select update Address or Request for address validation letter
- After entering your aadhaar number, enter the Text Verification and click on Send OTP or enter TOTP.
- You will receive an OTP on the mobile number registered by you at the time of enrolment.
- Enter this OTP to log in your Aadhaar account.
- Or enter the TOTP to your account
- Click on the submit option and click on the submit
- Enter your correct residential address showed by you in address proof, and click on the “Submit Update Request” button
- If you want to modify the address, then click on the “Modify” option
- Tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed”
- Select the type of document you want to submit as address proof for verification. Along with this upload, the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit”
- Click the “Yes” button and further select the BPO service provider, and click on Submit.
- At last the BPO service provider will inspect. On matching of the details with address proof provided by you, your request will be forwarded to UIDAI. On the acceptance of your update request Acknowledgement Slip is provided to you.
After the update, you can download it.
How to Update Address Details Offline?
If you want to update your aadhaar details offline, for that you need to visit your nearest Enrolment Centre. Following steps need to be completed for updation-
- Fill the aadhaar correction form
- Write all the information correctly(that you want to change)
- Submit self-attested proof details and submit it along with documents.
- You will be charged Rs.25 for every time you are going for such an update at the enrolment center.
How to check Aadhar Update Address Status Online?
You can easily check your aadhaar update address status online by entering the details of your-
At last enter the text verification code and click on Get Status
What Address Proof are considered as valid POA for Address updation?
Here is the complete list of valid POA documents required for address updation-
- Ration card
- Post Office Account Statement or Passbook
- Bank Statement or Passbook
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID cards or service card of photo identity issued by PSU
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms License
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address indicating photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
- Certificate of Address which is issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Address Card including Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate including Photo issued by State Govt.
- Disability ID Card or handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State or UT Governments/Administrations
- Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Passport of Spouse
- Passport of Parents(in case of Minor)
- Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/State Govt. of not more than three years old
- Marriage Certificate issued by the Govt, containing address
What to do if I do not have a valid POA?
Even if you do not have valid Proof of Address, you can still apply for the updation of address. You will need to request for Address Validation Letter. Whole process will be completed in the following three steps-
1.Request for Address Validation Letter
- Log in with your Aadhaar details
- Enter the verifier’s aadhaar number and click on submit
- Get SRN
2. Address Verifier Consents
- Address verifier will receive OTP request and a link for consent in his mobile
- Verifier will click on the link and login
- By entering the OTP received in his/her mobile phone consent will be given.
3. Submission of request by resident
- You will receive confirmation of consent by the verifier
- Enter the SRN details and OTP received over mobile phone
- Preview address and verify local language(If required)
- Submit update request.
An address verifier can be a relative, family member, friend or landlord where you are currently staying.